CHICANX CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENTS AND SOCIAL ACTIVISM
Myrriah Gómez, email@example.com
READINGS AND TEXTS
1. Title: No Mexicans, Women, or Dogs Allowed: The Rise of the Mexican American Civil Rights Movement.
Author: Cynthia E. Orozco
Price: $16.72 (NEW)
2. Title: ¡Chicana Power!: Contested Histories of Feminism in the Chicano Movement
Author: Maylei Blackwell
Price: $24.11 (NEW)
3. Course reader (available for purchase in Honors College office)
FILMS AND OTHER COURSE MATERIALS
Salt of the Earth
As Long as I Remember: American Veteranos
- Students will be expected to complete class readings, participate in discussions and activities during class, analyze cultural texts in class, write summaries on local issues pertaining to class topics, write an annotated bibliography; and complete a group case study with an individual writing component.
- Students will be expected to read approximately 150 pages of text per week.
- Students will work in groups to complete a case study.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR