The UNM Honors College provides the opportunity for high-achieving students
- to discover connections among disciplines and analyze and evaluate primary and complex texts across diverse genres and styles from different historical periods;
- to complete courses from a broad range of disciplines that will prepare them for careers or advanced study beyond their undergraduate degree;
- to engage in research and produce original work that integrates ideas and methods from different disciplines;
- to have intercultural knowledge and competence; and
- to develop personal and social responsibility, including civic knowledge and engagement both locally and globally.
The mission of the University of New Mexico is to serve as New Mexico’s flagship institution of higher learning through demonstrated and growing excellence in teaching, research, patient care, and community service.