Honors Scholarships & Awards
Honors Outstanding Student Awards
The UNM Honors College invites Honors faculty, staff, and students to nominate students for the Honors Outstanding Student Awards awarded annually to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The awards recognize Honors students for their academic achievement as well as their involvement in the Honors community, in the larger UNM community, or in communities beyond UNM. These awards are intended to recognize exceptional students whose efforts go beyond our usual expectations of high-achieving students.
Honors scholarships are available for current Honors College students.In selecting Scholarship awardees, the Honors College will consider the quality of each candidate's academic work, level and quality of their university participation and involvement, strength of the faculty recommendation, and the extent to which the student essays reflect careful thought and provide strong evidence in favor of scholarship support.
ADLER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to Honors freshmen (in good standing) pursuing any field of study. The amount awarded for this scholarship is $100 for fall and $100 for spring semesters.
BRAIDWOOD HONORS STEM SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to Honors students (in good standing) studying in STEM fields. Preference is given to New Mexico residents. This scholarship will provide up to $1500 annually, depending on the availability of funds.
KATHERINE SIMONS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to all Honors students (in good standing) across any field of study. The amount awarded for this scholarship varies, depending on student need and availability of funds.
ROD & DANA GUINN ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to all Honors students (in good standing) across all fields of study. This scholarship will provide up to $800 annually, depending on availability of funds.
VETERANS INITIATIVE SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to all Honors students (in good standing) pursuing any field of study who are U.S. Veterans, dependents of U.S. Veterans, or active duty military personnel. Proof of veteran eligibility status must be attached to application.This scholarship provides up to $1000 annually, depending on availability of funds.