Honors Scholarships & Awards
Honors Outstanding Student Awards
The UNM Honors College invites Honors faculty, staff, and students to nominate students for the Honors Outstanding Student Awards awarded annually to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The awards recognize Honors students for their academic achievement as well as their involvement in the Honors community, in the larger UNM community, or in communities beyond UNM. These awards are intended to recognize exceptional students whose efforts go beyond our usual expectations of high-achieving students.
Nominations require providing names of nominees and brief comments. Only current Honors College faculty (full-time, term instructors, and adjunct), staff, and students may nominate candidates. Self-nominations will not be considered. Nominators can submit up to four students in the nomination form. Nominees for the senior awards may have graduated in December or expect to graduate at the end of the spring or summer semesters of the current academic year. Students will be informed that they have been nominated for an award and encouraged to submit applications. Only nominees who submit applications prior to the deadline will be considered by the Honors Awards and Scholarships Committee.
Click Here for Nomination Form
DEADLINE: March 1, 2024
Honors scholarships are available for current Honors College students.In selecting Scholarship awardees, the Honors College will consider the quality of each candidate's academic work, level and quality of their university participation and involvement, strength of the faculty recommendation. The online scholarship application must be submitted by 11:59 pm on April 3, and one letter of support from an Honors faculty must be emailed separately to Kiyoko Simmons, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 11:59 pm on April 3. Students may apply for more than one scholarship through a single application form. The scholarships will be applied to the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are graduating in May 2023, you are not eligible.
Click Here for Application
DEADLINE: April 3, 2024
HONORS COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is supported by the generous donors including:
- John A. Cantwell Endowment
- Rod and Dana Guinn Endowment
- John H. Morrison Endowment
- Dudley T. and Thelma Wynn Endowment
- Open to all Honors students (in good standing) pursuing any field of study. The amount awarded for this scholarship is $1,000 for up to 7 students.
BRAIDWOOD HONORS STEM SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to Honors students (in good standing) studying in STEM fields. Preference is given to New Mexico residents. The amount awarded for this scholarship is $1,500.
VETERANS INITIATIVE SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to all Honors students (in good standing) pursuing any field of study who are U.S. Veterans, dependents of U.S. Veterans, or active duty military personnel. Proof of veteran eligibility status must be attached to application.The amount awarded for this scholarship is $1,000.
ADLER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Open to Honors freshmen (in good standing) pursuing any field of study. The amount awarded for this scholarship is $500.
For news, information, prizes and more fun stuff follow us on our social media!