News, Events, Announcements
The UNM Honors College offers high-achieving, enthusiastic, motivated students many of the personal and intellectual advantages of a small liberal arts college within the diversity of a large research university. The emphasis in our courses is on intensive reading, writing, and discussion in which reasoned self-expression and critical thinking are valued and rewarded.
- Did you miss the Last Lecture of our Associate Dean, Dr. Rosalie Otero? Watch it here.
- Summer/Fall 2013 courses and descriptions are now listed on our Current Courses page.
- INFORMATION ABOUT HONORS COURSE REGISTRATION:
- Current Students: If you plan on taking a course in Honors for the Summer/Fall 2013 semester, you must fillout an Override Form. Once this is processed, you will be able to register for an Honors course on Loboweb.
- Incoming Freshman: You do not need to complete an Override Form. You will register for Honors courses during your Lobo Orientation.
- Peer Advising is available over the summer! For advisement hours, go to the Peer Advising page.
- Students, are you interested in working at the UNM Honors College? We are hiring student employees!
For more information, go to https://unmjobs.unm.edu/.
- The UNM Honors College is pleased to welcome our new full-time faculty:
- Sarita Cargas has a D. Phil from Oxford University, UK in Theology. Her interests include human rights and peace studies.
- Jason Moore has a Ph.D. in Earth Sciences from the University of Cambridge, UK. His interests include palaeoecology, Sedimentology, and paleobiology.
- Amaris Ketcham has an MFA from Eastern Washington University. Her interests include magazine production/publication and creative nonfiction.
- Ryan Swanson has a Ph.D. in History from Georgetown University. His interests include United States Social and Political History and the Study of Sports.
- The Director and Associate Dean of the UNM Honors College Dr. Rosalie Otero was recently awarded the prestigious Lobo Award by the UNM Alumni Foundation. This award is presented to a UNM alumnus/a who has given outstanding personal service to the university or whose career achievement reflects credit on the university. or more information on this award, visit http://www.unmalumni.com/otero.html. Without a doubt, Dr. Otero deserves this award, as her career and model is an inspiration to so many of us in Honors and at UNM in general. We in the Honors College are thrilled that she has been recognized for all she does. Please join us in congratulating her and feel free to congratulate her yourself if you see her around the Honors Center!