News, Events, Announcements
The UNM Honors College offers high-achieving, enthusiastic, motivated students many of the personal and intellectual advantages of a small liberal arts college within the diversity of a large research university. The emphasis in our courses is on intensive reading, writing, and discussion in which reasoned self-expression and critical thinking are valued and rewarded.
- Spring 2014 Important Dates to Remember...
- 2/17 Honors Graduation Packet and Major Application is available online
- 3/14 Honors Major Applications are due
- 3/17-3/21 UNM Spring Break
- 3/24 Honors Course Description Catalog is available and Graduation Packets are due
- 3/28 Honors Student Teaching and Thesis Informational meetings
- 4/1 Last day to be advised to receive Priority Registration
- 4/7 Fall 2014 Honors Course Preview Night
- 4/9 Fall 214 Course Override Forms are due
- 4/21 Fall 2014 Priority Registration opens
- 5/5-5/9 UNM Finals Week
- 5/15 Honors Award Ceremony
- 5/16 Honors Commencement Recognition Ceremony
- Applications are now available for students who plan on graduating from the Honors College with a Bachelors of Arts in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts. The deadline for all applications is March 14th, 2014 at 5pm. Go to the Major Information webpage for a link to the application.
- Peer Advising is required for all Honors students during the Spring 2014 semester. The deadline for advising is April 1st, 2014 to recieve Priority Registration. For advisement hours, go to the Peer Advising page.
- If you are planning on graduating this semester, you must complete the Graduation Packet. Graduation Packets are due March 28th, 2014 at 5pm. More information is available on the Graduation Requirement webpage.