News, Events, Announcements
The UNM Honors College offers high-achieving, enthusiastic, motivated students many of the personal and intellectual advantages of a small liberal arts college within the diversity of a large research university. The emphasis in our courses is on intensive reading, writing, and discussion in which reasoned self-expression and critical thinking are valued and rewarded.
- Scribendi won the Pacemaker!!! Read about it here.
- If you are planning on taking an Honors course during the Spring 2014 semester, you must complete the Override Form here.
- Meet one of our Lobo Scholars, Whitney Johnson. She was recently highlighted in UNM's Inside UNM. Read it here. For more information about Lobo Scholars, visit the Lobo Scholars Program page.
- Peer Advising is required for all first-year Honors students during the Fall 2013 semester. The deadline for advising was October 31st to recieve Priority Registration. If you missed the deadline, please see an advisor anyway...that way you can get Priority Registration next semester. For advisement hours, go to the Peer Advising page.
- The UNM Honors College is pleased to welcome our new full-time faculty:
- Sarita Cargas has a D. Phil from Oxford University, UK in Theology. Her interests include human rights and peace studies.
- Jason Moore has a Ph.D. in Earth Sciences from the University of Cambridge, UK. His interests include palaeoecology, Sedimentology, and paleobiology.
- Amaris Ketcham has an MFA from Eastern Washington University. Her interests include magazine production/publication and creative nonfiction.
- Ryan Swanson has a Ph.D. in History from Georgetown University. His interests include United States Social and Political History and the Study of Sports.
- Did you miss the Last Lecture of our former Associate Dean, Dr. Rosalie Otero? Watch it here.